CONNECTION TO SUCCESS.
THE VIPAR INTERNET-CHIP
The VIPAR Internet Chip family is diverse and opens up new possibilities for integrating newest Internet technologies into embedded systems: fast, easy, plug&play and without additional licensing costs. Today, all types of industries are confronted with the ever-rising demand for network connections. Their customers want to control devices with their Smartphones and the service technician is asking for a remote maintenance and e-Mail warning functionality.
VIPAR can help! Either add-on, simply added to an existing application without changing the design or the circuit board or in a new design integrated on the circuit board.
VIP150x stands for safe real-time communication and easy and intuitive control of remote applications of all types. Using VIP150x, devices can be diagnosed, observed, controlled or maintained from almost anywhere in the world. VIPAR creates a complete network connection for your application simple and fast.
The embedded web server can also be used for existing designs without the need to change the application design by simply adding e.g. the nano board or adding a chip on board level.
VIPAR offers to make your device a true plug&play network device as also nameservices and other plug and play protocols are implemented.
VIPAR OFFERS YOUR APPLICATION
- Cost-optimised network (LAN) connection
- A fully dynamic Web Application design based on Java Script instead of complex network protocols, C-Code, .NET, etc.
- Global configuration via XML
- Secure password encryption mechanisms
- IPv4 und IPv6
- True plug&play network capability without manual IP address configuration
- Access to the device via name only
- Possibility of automatically listing all VIPAR devices in the network
- Access via Telnet
- Quickly integrated services improved to the highest level
- New sales arguments
- Quick access to real-time data of your application
- Remote maintenance options and early error recognition for less downtime
- Remote firmware updates
- Energy efficiency via a web-based operating system for communication tasks
- a solution with a low demand for ressources like memory, etc.
The first two chips of the VIP150x series provide the option of a modern network connection based on standard Ethernet and W-LAN solutions. Thanks to modern VIPAR embedded technology OEMs create full Ethernet and/or wireless connections for their products. And they do so in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost required for in-house development. So why invest time and money to build an embedded network solution from the scratch when we can offer you a small, powerful and state-of-the art solution?
- Telnet, HTTP, TCP,UDP, IPv4, IPv6, NTP, DNS, AutoIP, DHCP
- mDNS, Service Discovery, NetBIOS, Name Service
- 2 serial-to-TCP tunnels
- Webserver with AJAX support
- FAT file system for SD-Card access
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Real-time plug&play networking
The VIPAR chip is based on modern and at the same time reliable technology: the ARM® Cortex™-M4-based XMC4000 microcontroller family by Infineon Technologies.
- ARM® Cortex™-M4, 120MHz, incl single cycle DSP MAC and floating point unit (FPU)
- 1MB eFlash incl hardware ECC
- 160kB RAM12 channel DMA
- IEEE 1588 compliant Ethernet MAC
- USB 2.0 full speed on the go
- comprehensive set of timers and PWM, Delta-sigma Demodulator, Position Interface
- 4*12-bit ADC, 2*12-bit DAC
- 6* Multi-function serial interface modules configurable to SPI, I²C, I²S, UART
- Externeal Bus Interfaces
- Battery-backed real-time clock with calendar function and time-based or external wake-up option
- Extended temperature range up to 125 °C
- Ethernet interface
- W-LAN Support
- Reference designs for efficient solutions with RedPine modules
VIPAR offers a reference design based on a RedPine W-LAN module. In this way we offer our customers a solution based on a small, high-quality module with which the application can be integrated fast and flexible. In this way e.g. HMIs can be realised by simply connecting a smartphone, tablet or other device wireless to the VIPAR application.